Monday, January 21, 2013

Healthy cooking doesn't have to be painful

Progress!

Today I joined Live Healthy Iowa with my co-workers. We are doing a 10 week fitness challenge to be more active.

I have already lost 2 pounds so that's good!  A huge part of getting healthy and reaching your fitness goals is eating right.  It sounds so elementary, but I underestimated this a lot. Like I said earlier, I never really had to worry about it,  but now I find myself checking labels and trying to substitute things in my head. (ie: instead of eating a chocolate bar I opt for apples and peanut butter). Slowly but surely 

I also tapped into the beauty of Pinterest.  Unlike many women, I never really got into it..but I sure did today.  Thanks to Pinterest I got a simple and quick supper recipe.


Instead of using a really fatty sauce base like alfredo sauce, or sour cream, I used Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt.  1 cup = 140 Calories only!


I mixed in some seasonings together to form a paste 


and slapped it on the chicken. Literally -Slapped it on -


This goopy looking mess ended up turning out like this..


TA DA!

The whole thing took less then an hour. Standing time - less then 30 minutes. 

Healthy, quick, colorful, light, tasty and easy!







No comments:

Post a Comment