Thursday, January 17, 2013

DAY 2

And the journey to a healthier and happier lifestyle continues...

Yesterday I cooked a healthy meal consisting of chicken sandwich on a foccacia roll and mixed veggies.  It was pretty easy. I got the chicken from Martin Brothers for 15.99, but there's so much in there and I can season it however I please. Buying in bulk is the good way to go! (I will put up pictures next time, promise)

Everyone who knows me knows my love for soda. I used to drink up to 4 a day! Can you believe that? So, this getting rid of it is killing me..but then I realized, I don't have to if I don't want to. So instead of opening up a whole can of pop..I took a couple sips from my friends and it was all I needed. Craving curbed (check)

Then it got interesting...

As I said earlier, I do not want to join a gym.  Now, I will be using the weight room at my workplace, but I am not paying for classes or to run a treadmill. So I busted out my tablet and got onto
Body Rock TV.  It was 12 minutes of grueling exercise, but I felt the burn alright. I love how I can do it in my own home and they yell at me and tell me what to do. That's what works best for me.

I did it one hour after eating (which probably wasn't a good decision) as I was feeling nauseous afterwards. But my legs felt like jelly and I was sweating, great!

Completely enthralled by the amazing resources online I got to searching and decided to do something new.

Never ever have I... done yoga. So I did it!

I did a beginners yoga class on YouTube geared towards weight loss..and maybe I should of gone for the beginners class for beginners. I did what I could, but ended up falling on my butt and laughing hysterically.

I finished my night laying on the floor doing some guided meditation and put on some Ravi Shankar and traditional Japanese music. Coupled with breathing exercises my brain was in its happy place.  I turned the lights down and just let all my muscles relax and mind go (but not wander).  After I was done I felt at peace and relaxed.

TODAY...


I seem to be getting into an eating routine. Protein shake in the morning (which has kept me pretty full), had a lean cuisine pizza thingy for lunch, I am going to eat my multi-vitamins, light snack midday and light dinner tonight. Getting some ideas from http://whatsgabycooking.com/ .  I am feeling good as I work towards progress. I am loving how much money I am saving too!

My mindset is shifting from, ahh I hate this to...I deserve to be healthy and feel good, mind, body and soul. I deserve to be the best woman I can be. So do you. Stay tuned for more







No comments:

Post a Comment